Psalm 16


1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. 2 O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; 3 But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. 4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. 5 The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. 6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. 7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. 8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore Prayer :

Abba Father,

We come before you with hearts filled with trust and gratitude. You are our refuge, and in you, we find our truest joy and security.

Preserve us, O God, as we put our trust in you alone. We declare that you are our Lord, and apart from you, we have no goodness. Our delight is in the saints, in those who honor and follow you.

We turn away from pursuits that lead us away from you. We renounce the offerings of those who chase after false gods. Our allegiance is to you alone.

You, Lord, are our inheritance and our cup. You hold our future, and we rest in the assurance that our lives are in your hands. The boundaries you have set for us are in pleasant places, and we are grateful for the goodly heritage you've given us.

We bless you, Lord, for your counsel and guidance. Day and night, we seek you and set you before us. Because you are at our right hand, we shall not be moved.

Our hearts rejoice, and our souls find rest in you. We take refuge in the hope that you will not abandon our souls to the grave, and you will not let your Holy One see decay.

Show us the path of life, O Lord. In your presence is fullness of joy, and at your right hand, there are pleasures forevermore.

In the name of Jesus, we pray.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 60

Psalm 34

Psalm 8