Psalm 42

 

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? 3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? 4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. 5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. 6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar. 7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. 8 Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. 9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? 11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Prayer:

Abba Father, in the name of Jesus, as the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul longs for You, O God. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. In a world that often questions and challenges my faith, I thirst for Your presence, the source of true satisfaction and joy.

In times when tears are my food day and night, and the world mocks and asks, "Where is your God?" I turn to You. I pour out my soul before You, remembering the times of joy and praise in Your house. Yet, in moments of despair, I find my hope in You.

When my soul is cast down, and troubles surround me like deep waters, I choose to put my trust in You. I remember Your faithfulness, and I lift my eyes to the hills, seeking refuge in You, my Rock.

Lord, in the midst of the challenges that feel like waves and billows overwhelming me, I cling to the assurance of Your lovingkindness. Your song "Great is thy Faithfulness" is with me in the night, and my prayer rises to You like incense, the God of my life.

Even when questions arise, and the enemy's oppression is felt, I declare that You are my Rock. I trust in Your unfailing love, and I choose to anchor my hope in You.

Why, O my soul, are you cast down? Why are you disquieted within me? My hope is in God, the One who is the health of my countenance, and my God. I praise You for Your steadfast love and everlasting faithfulness.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 60

Psalm 34

Psalm 38