Psalm 56

 

1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.

2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.

3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.

8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

10 In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word.

11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.

13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?


Prayer:


Merciful Father, we come before You with hearts that long for Your compassion and grace, just as the psalmist did in Psalm 56. We acknowledge that adversaries surround us, seeking to swallow us up and oppress us daily. Many are the challenges we face, O Most High God.


In moments of fear, we choose to trust in You, recognizing that You are our refuge and strength. In You, we find praise for Your steadfast word, and we declare our trust in You, refusing to fear the actions of mere mortals.


Lord, our words are wrested, and thoughts are plotted against us for evil. Enemies gather, hide, and mark our steps, waiting for our souls. We appeal to Your righteous anger, asking that those who seek to harm us may be cast down by their iniquity.


You, O God, know our wanderings and collect our tears in Your bottle. Nothing is hidden from Your sight; our struggles and sorrows are recorded in Your book. When we cry out to You, we trust that our enemies will turn back, for You are for us.


In You, we put our trust and praise Your word. We declare our commitment to fearlessly face what man may do, knowing that You are with us. Our vows are upon You, O God, and we render praises unto You.


For You have delivered our souls from death, and we trust that You will continue to deliver our feet from falling. Enable us to walk before You in the light of the living, as we place our faith in You.


In the name of Jesus, our Redeemer, we pray.


Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 60

Psalm 34

Psalm 38