Psalm 57

 

1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

3 He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.

4 My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

6 They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.

7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.

8 Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

9 I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.

10 For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.

11 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.


Prayer:


Merciful and trustworthy God, we come before You with humble hearts, echoing the plea of the psalmist in Psalm 57. Be merciful unto us, O God, for our souls trust in You. In the shadow of Your wings, we find refuge, seeking solace until the calamities that surround us are overpast.


We cry out to God most high, the One who performs all things for us. Send forth Your heavenly deliverance and save us from the reproach of those who seek to harm us. Let Your mercy and truth prevail.


Our souls feel surrounded by lions, and we lie among those set on fire, whose weapons are like spears and arrows, and their words a sharp sword. Yet, we declare, "Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth."


In the face of schemes and pitfalls prepared for us, we find comfort in the knowledge that those who dig a pit for us may fall into it themselves. Our hearts are fixed on You, O God; we will sing and give praise. We awaken our instruments of worship, and early in the morning, we lift our voices in gratitude.


We praise You, O Lord, among the people, and we sing unto You among the nations. Your mercy reaches to the heavens, and Your truth extends to the clouds. With hearts full of adoration, we declare, "Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth."


In the name of Jesus, our Redeemer, we pray.


Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 60

Psalm 34

Psalm 8